The TABConf 2021 Independence Village
The TABConf 2021 Independence Village is all about reducing trust and dependency on third parties in the digital realm, especially when it comes to Bitcoin and Lightning. With an emphasis on self-hosting, this village will explore practical measures you can take today to become more digitally independent. Learn how to:
- Run your own Bitcoin node
- Run your own Lightning node
- Use a password manager without entrusting your passwords to someone else
- Use your own personal cloud server to store and share files
- Text message without third parties using end-to-end encryption and onion routing
- Join the Fediverse and create content that cannot be censored
- Anonymously host your own Tor Hidden Service website.
It’s easier than you might think, and the teams from Start9 and Plebnet are here to demystify it all: command line basics; downloading source code from GitHub; configuring your home network to be maximally secure; configuring Bitcoin Core; maintaining a well-balanced Lightning routing node; using the Start9 Embassy for a comprehensive approach to privacy and independence; and much more. This village is going to be fun, informative, and very practical. This is a space where there are no pre-requisites and no stupid questions. From novice to expert, anyone who wants to increase their independence in the digital realm is welcome.
Thanks to Our Sponsor
About TABConf 2021 Villages
Villages are rooms for creative communities to run their own agenda and activities at the conference. Examples of these villages are: bitcoin basics, socratic questioning, bitcoin gaming, etc. These rooms add a unique experience to the conference which allows attendees to focus and spend time with a group of interest.